Crock Pot (Christmas) Ham


I have always associated tender, delicious, baked ham with Christmas dinner.  I have usually baked my ham but have switched to using the crock pot.  I love how tender and juicy the ham turns out and I enjoy having a completely available oven so I can bake other delicious foods to accompany this dish.  Plus, it is incredibly simple!

Crock Pot Christmas Ham
1 8-10 lb. fully-cooked ham (I use bone-in usually)
3/4 C. brown sugar
1-2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 can pineapple rings

-Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray then place the ham inside.
-Combine the sugar, honey, mustard and the juice from the pineapple rings in a small bowl and mix well.  Pour over ham.
-Cook on low heat 6-8 hours (high 4-6 hours), add the pineapple rings (if desired) during the last 2-3 hours.
-Keep your ham extra moist by pouring the juices in the crock pot over it every hour.
-Serves quite a few people so invite your friends and/or family over!

p.s. I usually save the bone to use later in a ham & white bean soup or I use it to make my own stock.



Check out my other favorite Christmas recipes!


Comments

Popular Posts