Hubby's Favorite Meatloaf

My hubby loves this recipe.  I grew up in a no-red-meat house due to allergies so I had never cooked much beef until I married my sweetheart.  He has always enjoyed meatloaf so I had to experiment a bit before I came up with a recipe that he loves.  Here goes!

What you will need:
1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef 
(use ground chicken or turkey for a healthier option)
1/3 C. ketchup
1/4-1/3 C. bread crumbs
1 egg
4-6 slices cheese, crumbled - I typically use cheddar
1 tsp. salt
1-1 1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. onion powder OR 1/4-1/2 onion, diced
1 Tbsp. dried parsley

-Preheat oven to 350 F & spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
1. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl until well combined.
2. Place mixture in baking dish and form into a loaf.
3. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.  Remove and drain grease.
4. Pour *sauce all over meatloaf and bake an additional 30 minutes.  Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serves 8-10.
*see sauce recipe below


Mine was a bit dry when I took this photo, I added a bit more ketchup.



Meatloaf Sauce:
1 C. ketchup
1 tsp. mustard
Dash (or two) of nutmeg
3 heaping spoonfuls brown sugar


 Finished product:

Enjoy!!!


Comments

Popular Posts