Christmas Box!


Last year I saw this idea on Pinterest just before December and thought I would start our own family tradition.  If you do an internet search you will find that this idea has become a tradition for many families but most of them do it on Christmas Eve...I guess I'm a bit of a rebel but I thought that waiting until Christmas Eve was silly!  I decided that we would open our "Family Christmas Box" on December 1st so we could enjoy the goodies inside all month long!  Here is what I usually include:

-Christmas movie(s)
-Christmas book(s)
-Pajamas
-Hot chocolate (we love Stephen's)
-Popcorn

I must say that I am in love with this tradition.  It's a great way to spread some cheer and excitement throughout the entire month and my kiddos love it.  We thoroughly enjoy spending the month reading about Christmas, watching the movies and wearing our Christmas pajamas.  I will suggest that you buy some of these items each year just after Christmas, it will save you $ and the hassle of trying to find certain items when everyone else is also searching for them!  I hope you love this idea also and perhaps incorporate it into your own family traditions, happy holidays!!!



Comments

  1. I have adopted your tradition! I agree! Why wait to enjoy the fun goodies? My daughter was 8 months old last year so she only got jammies, a book and a movie but when she's older she'll get the rest of the fun things you've included too. Thank you for inspiring such a fun family tradition for my little family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts