Classic Pecan Pie



I LOVE pecan pie!  Some of you may not know but the state tree of Texas is the pecan tree, so needless to say, I have eaten plenty of pecans in my lifetime.  I absolutely love them and I especially love this pie!

Classic Pecan Pie
1 pie crust - I use Pillsbury
3 eggs
*1 C. sugar
1/2 C. light Karo syrup
1/2 C. dark Karo syrup
*2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 C. pecans - halves or chopped

-Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Lightly flour both sides of the pie crust and press into a deep dish pan.
2. In medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and syrups until smooth.  Whisk in butter.
3. Add vanilla and pecans and whisk until well combined.  Pour into pie pan.
4. Bake 50-55 minutes (cover crust with foil after about 20 minutes) until a sharp knife inserted into the middle of the pie comes out clean.  Let cool on wire rack completely before serving.

*High altitude changes*
-Reduce sugar to 2/3 C.
-Increase to 3 Tbsp. butter
-Bake at 325 F for 55-60 minutes

Check out my other Thanksgiving recipes!

Comments

Popular Posts