The Best (and cheapest) Diaper Rash Treatment

Can I just say how much I love my two amazing boys?!  Seriously, I am in love with them.  My oldest is all-boy, super smart, funny, sweet, cuddly and he has beautiful brown eyes that melt my heart (I claim those).  My sweet baby boy is also all-boy and a bit of a monster, he loves to be dirty, is very independent, sweet when he wants to be and lately he loves throwing things away and getting his hands on every object that he knows he shouldn't touch.  He was also blessed with my brown eyes, but, unfortunately he also inherited my super sensitive skin.  Now, every single time he cuts a tooth he gets a nasty case of diarrhea for about a day or two, except for last week...he had the worst upset stomach throughout the entire week (a molar finally came through).  His sensitive skin means that he is very prone to diaper rashes, so you can imagine how sad and painful his poor bum looked last week.  I was just about in tears every time I changed his diaper.  I have tried just about every diaper rash product there is to treat his diaper rashes ever since he was a tiny baby and they have helped but not as much as I would have liked.  Luckily, last weekend the boys were able to spend a weekend at their grandma's house and she used this wonderful old-school remedy:


I was a bit skeptical because seriously, I have tried everything (except this).  I was stunned when we picked up the boys!  What was a red, sore, bleeding bum was completely healed and as perfect as a baby bum can be!  Needless to say, this is going to be my go-to from now on.  And it is wonderfully cheap, which most rash creams are not, only costing about $5 (give or take a bit) and it will last forever.  All you have to do is get your sweet baby's bum clean, *let it dry (have naked time or gently blow on the skin), apply a coat of Vaseline and sprinkle with corn starch.  That's it!  This works wonders, I'm still amazed just thinking about it and am blown away at how much better my sweet baby's bum looked after only 2 days.  Hope this helps all of you mama's out there!



*You have to make sure the skin is dry.  If it is still moist the Vaseline will trap that moisture in making the rash A LOT worse.



Comments

Popular Posts