Lasagna Roll-Ups


Let me start off by saying that I have been making lasagna this way long before I saw it on Pinterest, I think I was 16 when I decided to start making lasagna this way, I loved the idea of everyone getting their own little lasagna roll, and it definitely makes serving easy! I have been hesitant to share this recipe because I rarely make this the exact same way twice and I don't measure so sharing recipes can often be a challenge! The great thing about lasagna is that you can easily change things up however you'd like to; enjoy!

Lasagna Roll-Ups
1 spaghetti sauce recipe (Hidden Veggie Spaghetti, Simple Spaghetti Sauce
1 large container part-skim ricotta cheese
3/4 C. grated mozzarella
3/4 C. grated parmesan
1/2 C. frozen spinach, thawed (press out liquid with a clean towel)
12 lasagna noodles

-Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a 9x13" baking dish.
1. Combine cheeses and spinach together and set aside while making your sauce. While the sauce simmers cook the lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box. 
2. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water (makes it easier to handle). Pour about half of your spaghetti sauce in the bottom of your baking dish.
3. Lay out your noodles on a clean surface, cover with cheese - about 2 big spoonfuls each - and pat the cheese along the noodle so each noodle is covered.
4. Roll up your noodles and place them in your baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and with extra cheese if there is any remaining.
5. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes. Remove and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

-Makes 12 individual lasagna roll-ups.

*Feel free to change up your cheese mixture, I don't always add spinach and I often use some pepper jack cheese and a variety of other cheeses, it really just depends on my mood. And, feel free to add a pound of meat to your sauce, I typically use ground beef and season it with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. This is a very simple recipe and full of potential so feel free to make it yours!*

Just before going in the oven, doesn't it just make your mouth water?!

Right out of the oven!

It is soooo hard to eat just one!

Comments

Popular Posts