Roasted Red Cabbage


I have an on-and-off relationship with cabbage, and I'm not quite sure why, I really love cabbage but I often forget to buy it...BUT, every time I do manage to get this item in my shopping cart I always end up making something incredibly yummy with it! I decided to try roasting it this time and the results were DELICIOUS! The best thing about roasting any vegetable is you can really change it up every time and still end up with wonderful flavors. 

Roasted Red Cabbage
1/2 head cabbage, sliced
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. Worcestershire, soy sauce, or balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder OR 2 garlic cloves finely minced
1 tsp. onion powder OR 1/2 onion finely chopped

-Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with foil and cooking spray

1. Toss everything together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Pour onto baking sheet and pop it into the oven.
2. Stir after 20 minutes, then return to the oven and let bake 15-20 minutes more. Serve!

-Serves about 4 as a side dish.

Half-way through :)

All done! I love the flavor and texture you get from roasting veggies, and this cabbage was scrumptious!

Comments

Popular Posts