Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies


Let me begin by saying that I call these "perfect" because quite frankly, I think they are!  When I married my sweetheart I was not much of a baker, in fact, I had baked maybe 5 times.  Well, one of his gifts to me on our first Christmas together was a baking book...point taken :)  I am happy to say that I now know how to bake and enjoy baking.  Chocolate chip cookies are a classic and are a cookie that my sweetheart really enjoys.  This recipe took me about 3 months and countless batches to get right, and perfect, for my husband and for me, we love them!  They are crisp on the edges, soft and chewy in the middle and the ratio of cookie to chocolate chips is perfect.  I hope you love them too!

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
1/2 C. white sugar
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda + 1 tsp. hot water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

-Preheat oven to 350 F.

1. In medium mixing bowl beat butter with sugars until creamy.  Add egg and mix until well combined.
2. Add salt, combine baking soda and hot water together then pour in, mix well.  Add vanilla, beat until smooth.
3. Add flour and chocolate chips, stir with a spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated and a dough forms.
4. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake 11-13 minutes until edges are golden.  Remove from oven and let sit 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.  Serve!

-Makes about 24 cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts