Glow-in-the-Dark Galaxy Bottles


I came across this idea on Pinterest quite a while ago and have been meaning to actually do this little project for a while. I was able to find everything I needed at our local Wal-Mart.

What You Will Need (per bottle)
*1 hard plastic bottle with a wide lid
1 bottle of hair gel
Glitter glue
Glow paint
Glow-in-the-dark stars
Super glue

*To make 2 bottles you will need 2 packages of the stars and 2 bottles of hair gel.

Begin by adding 1-2 Tbsp. water to your bottle, then add a tube of glitter glue - I had each of my boys pick a color and we used the entire tube - then add 1-2 Tbsp. of your glow paint, then fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way with the hair gel. Then add all of the stars that will fit through the top, then fill the rest of the way with water. Shake it up a bit to be sure you have the consistency you would like. Then, super glue the lid onto the bottle so it won't come unscrewed - that would be a disaster! And....Voila!

I found all of this at Wal-Mart!








My older sons' smile is absolutely priceless! They love their galaxy bottles!

 Be sure to let your bottles sit in the light during the day so they will glow at night :)

Use your extra stars to decorate your kiddos' bedroom! They will love it! And yes, I know it is not October, my boys really wanted this particular picture showing...it has been October in their room since June!


Comments

Popular Posts