Quinoa Salad Bowl

Who doesn't love a delicious, healthy, dinner that's ready in less than 30 minutes?! Things get a little crazy in my house - my husband works a lot and I spend my days with my two very wild munchkins. By 5 p.m. I am exhausted and desperately want to get food on the table before my kids (and I) completely lose it. So, needless to say, I love simple dinners that I can make quickly while also providing great nutrition for my family. Quinoa is fantastic because it's full of nutrients, easy to cook, delicious, and very versatile. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family and I do!


Flavorful Quinoa with Corn
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 C. quinoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 C. sweet corn kernels (frozen)
3 C. vegetable or chicken broth

1. Heat the oil in a small pot on medium heat. Add remaining ingredients, except broth, and cook for about 3 minutes (stirring often) until fragrant and quinoa is making a popping noise.
2. Turn heat to high and add broth. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer until cooked - about 20 minutes.

*While sauteing quinoa, begin cooking beans.*



Sarah's Go-To Black Beans
1 15oz. can black beans
1/2 -3/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 - 1 tsp. black pepper

1. In small pot, on medium-high heat, add black beans (plus a can-full of water), and seasonings. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low heat until quinoa is finished (or 20-30 minutes).



*****Assemble Your Salad Bowl*****
Layer torn baby spinach or spring salad mix, quinoa, beans, cheese, and tomatoes in a bowl then serve! This recipe will serve 4-6 people.

p.s. I also like to add sliced avocado, salsa and even some crushed tortilla chips (Nacho Libre style) to my salad bowl, it's delicious!

*You can also add cooked chicken, taco meat, and even fish for a little extra something :) *



Comments

Popular Posts