Copycat Sonoma Chicken Salad

My adult-self is in love with chicken salad! I remember being very turned off by this dish when I was younger, but now I LOVE it! The only issue is that this dish can easily become very unhealthy. I recently had this chicken salad at Whole Foods Market and I absolutely loved it, and the recipe is even posted on their site! I have recreated the recipe to suit my fancy, it's a bit healthier but every bit as yummy. Enjoy!


Sonoma Chicken Salad
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 3-4 C.)
(I have also used thighs or drumsticks, whatever I have on hand)
2 C. seedless grapes, cut in half
3/4 C. crushed pecans

1 C. lite mayo or mayo with olive oil
4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
6 tsp. honey
2 tsp. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2-1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder (optional)

1. First, combine chicken with grapes and nuts in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over chicken mixture and toss well. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours before serving.
*Serves 4-6*

**To make this healthier I serve this over spring salad mix and will often add some cherry tomatoes. I LOVE bread, especially croissants, but my belly and hips definitely do not so I serve this as a true salad.**

p.s. To make this process even easier I typically cook my chicken in the crock pot, on low for 4-6 hours, drizzled with olive oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cooking the chicken this way also makes it more tender.

Cooked chicken, crushed pecans, grapes sliced in half.


Dressing ingredients.

Yummy poppy seed dressing!




Comments

Popular Posts