Waffles from Scratch (Healthier too!)


Who doesn't love waffles?! My favorite thing to do as a kid was to pour syrup in each little square, and I have to admit that I still like to do that! My boys love these waffles, and the best part is that they're a bit more healthy than usual waffles and you can't even tell the difference! 

Waffles from Scratch
1/2 C. wheat flour
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 C. milk
2 eggs
1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. honey (or other sweetener, I use honey instead of sugar here)

-Go ahead and start heating up your waffle iron
1. Mix together the dry ingredients until blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix together until smooth.
2. Pour onto waffle iron - about 1/3 C. at a time. Serve and enjoy!

Makes about 12 waffles.

*Feel free to add in your favorite berries, chocolate chips, etc.*

A few are missing because my boys had already gobbled them up!

Comments

Popular Posts