Moist & Chocolatey Texas (Sheet) Cake
I am in love with this cake! You would typically bake this in a cookie sheet but I had to scramble at the last minute and ended up using a 9x13" pan...I must say, I don't regret it! It was the perfect chocolate cake for our Sunday evening family treat. This cake is so easy to whip up and is moist, just the right amount of chocolatey, and is sure to satisfy everyone's taste-buds & tummies!
Texas (Sheet) Cake
2 sticks butter
1 C. water
1/3 C. cocoa powder
2 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. sour cream
-Preheat oven to 350 F (325 for dark pans) & generously grease either a 9x13" pan or cookie sheet.
1. In a small saucepan, on medium heat, combine the butter, water, and cocoa powder. Stir often until boiling, remove from heat.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine remaining dry ingredients and sift together until well mixed. Pour in hot chocolate & butter mixture, beat until mixed. Add sour cream and stir in well.
3. Pour batter into greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes for a cookie sheet, 25-30 minutes for a 9x13" pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
4. Remove from oven and let sit on wire rack while making the icing.
Texas (Sheet) Cake Icing
1 stick butter
1/4 C. milk
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
3 1/2 - 4 C. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Heat butter in medium pot on medium heat until melted. Stir in milk and cocoa, whisk until boiling. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Pour over warm cake, let sit 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!