Easy DIY Wavy Hair

So, my entire family has wavy hair...every single one of them...and then there's me, I am the only one with straight hair! Now, I do love my hair, don't get me wrong, but sometimes a girl just wants some waves and maybe even some curls! Well, I've been shopping all over the internet trying to find a product that would make my hair wavy without too much hassle and for not too expensive of a price. I have seen this sort of thing on Pinterest and thought I should give it a shot before shelling out who knows how much money on a product that may, or may not, work. Here's how it went!


All you need:
-Squirt bottle (I used an empty hair spray bottle & rinsed it out)
-1 C. hot water
-1 Tbsp. fine sea salt
-1 tsp. coconut oil (liquid is easiest to use)
-1 tsp. hair gel

Use a funnel to combine all of your ingredients into your squirt bottle, shake it up, then spray all over and scrunch your hair a bit. That's it! Voila!

My hair is usually ridiculously difficult to curl so I apply this when my hair is still wet then again when it's dry. My hair stays wavy all day and isn't crunchy - the coconut oil helps prevent that and keeps your hair healthy. I absolutely love this stuff and am so glad I gave it a try before spending much more money than I needed to!

p.s. Be sure to shake your spray before each use and if you use solid coconut oil in your mix you will probably need to run the bottle under hot water for a minute or two before using to liquefy the oil and make it easier to spray.




Oh yeah, and if you would like to add some fragrance to your mixture just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil! I personally love the doTerra Serenity blend.

***More Results***






Comments

  1. Thanks for this, Sarah! :) You see, I’ve been trying out the tutorials here on how to curl your hair with a straightener http://www.restylepro.com/blogs/news/18118135-how-to-curl-your-hair-with-a-straightener. But I’m still looking for options. Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts