Double Stitch Newborn Cocoon:
1 skein Simply Soft yarn
-chain 3, slip stitch to 1st chain to create a small ring
1. ch 2, 12 dc in hole, sl st to top of 1st = 12
2. ch 1, 2 sc in each around, sl st to join = 24
3. ch 2, *2 dc next, 1 dc next* around, sl st =36
4. ch 1, *2 sc next, 1 sc next 2* around, sl st = 48
5-38. Alternate rows of 1 dc and 1 sc in each around until about 16" long, end with a sc row.
39. ch 1, sc around (so you're ending with 2 sc rows), fasten off, weave in ends.
*Total length will be about 17"
*Continue on to make the matching hat with the same hook and with the leftover yarn from the cocoon.
Double Stitch Newborn Hat:
remaining yarn from cocoon
-ch 3, sl st to form a ring
1. ch 2, 12 dc in ring, sl st to join = 12
2. ch 1, 2 sc in each around, sl st = 24
3. ch 2, *2 dc in next, 1 dc in next* around, sl st = 36
-Alternate rows of 1 sc or 1 dc in each around until at least 4" long.
-Finish with a sc row and repeat with 1 more sc row to finish, fasten off, weave in ends.
**This is only my 2nd pattern so if I've made any mistakes please let me know! Also, feel free to share and recreate this pattern but please give credit where credit is due and don't claim this as your own. Thanks so much!**