Crockpot Indian Butter Chicken


This recipe is beyond easy and is A-MA-ZING!  I've made this a few times now and it's always a big hit, even with the kiddos (which is a huge plus).  I've tried a few different recipes, made some modifications, and I've done my very best to make this super simple - I am currently VERY pregnant so easy dinners are definitely the way to go!  I serve this dish with some of my garlic non-sticky rice, steamed veggies, and flatbread (see below for recipe).

Crockpot Indian Butter Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 Tbsp butter
*Salt (1 tsp)
*Pepper (1/2-1 tsp)
*Onion powder (2 tsp)
*Ground ginger (1 tsp)
*Chili powder (1/2 - 1 tsp)
*Garam masala (2-3 tsp)
15oz can tomato sauce
6oz can tomato paste
2 C. plain yogurt (I use plain Greek yogurt)
3 bay leaves

1. Grease your crockpot with cooking spray, season both chicken breasts on both sides with spices - *I don't measure, I just eyeball it, the measurements above are guesses as to how much I use in total on the chicken and the in the sauce.  Place both chicken breasts in your crockpot and place the butter in between them.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and yogurt until well blended.  Pour over chicken.  Add more seasoning to the top of the sauce, place bay leaves on top, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken with forks, remove bay leaves, and taste to adjust seasonings before serving.
-Serves 4-6




This flatbread is so easy to whip up and so very tasty!  I was able to make 10 (recipe says 8) and I didn't use the garlic butter when cooking them, just a bit of olive oil in a non-stick pan works perfectly for me! Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts