Who's ready for another yummy non-meat burger recipe?! Let me start by saying that my husband's first words, after taking his first bite, was, "Why does this taste like chicken?" This recipe is simple, tasty, and full of the meaty texture that many of us enjoy when it comes to eating burgers. Enjoy!
Quinoa Chickpea Burgers
1/2 C. quinoa
1 C. vegetable broth
1 16oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1/4 C. bread crumbs
1 serrano pepper, seeded & diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
4-8 hamburger buns
1. Combine quinoa, broth, garlic, and seasonings in a small pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until cooked - about 15 minutes.
2. Pour chickpeas into food processor and pulse until chopped. Combine chickpeas, bread crumbs, and egg in a small mixing bowl.
3. Once quinoa has finished cooking, remove from heat, uncover and let cool a bit. Then pour into food processor and blend until desired texture is reached. Add to chickpeas and bread crumbs, mix well. Form 4-8 patties.
4. Heat olive oil in a medium-large skillet. Once the oil is hot add the patties (you may need to cook in batches) and cook until browned on both sides - about 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Remove patties to a plate lined with a paper towel, let sit for a minute or two before serving.
*I served our burgers with tomato, lettuce, and spicy ketchup on a lightly toasted bun. Delicious!*