Super Easy Lo-Mein

Lately, we have become very aware of our financial situation and we are attempting to better manage our situation...well...meat is expensive, yummy, but expensive. So, I've decided to resume our "Meatless Mondays" and will probably be making a few other meatless meals throughout the week. I love that this helps our budget but I also love that it forces me to get creative! This is my own little version of a recipe I found a long time ago, it is not authentic and has been "Americanized" but it is still delicious! PLUS, you can use just about anything you have on hand, making this a wonderfully quick (15 minutes!), go-to meal. Even my picky toddlers gobbled this up! Enjoy!

I only have a phone-camera so I apologize that this isn't the most amazing picture!

Super Easy Lo-Mein
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large carrot, peeled & cut into 1-2" strips
1/4 C. frozen sweet peas
1/2 C. broccoli crowns
1/4 C. frozen chopped spinach (2 C. fresh baby spinach)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Salt & pepper
4-6 servings lo-mein noodles OR spaghetti

Sauce:
1/4 C. low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. sugar or honey
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
A few dashes of hot sauce or Sriracha

1. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add oil. Meanwhile, fill a large pot with hot water and bring to a boil. Add veggies to skillet, season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Saute veggies while cooking the pasta.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients well, drain cooked pasta, combine sauce and pasta with veggies in skillet. Serve!

-Serves 4-6.

**I served this with a fried egg on top for some extra protein and because I just LOVE fried eggs, especially the extra sauce :).**

p.s. Feel free to get creative with this dish, you can add mushrooms, zucchini, nuts, meats, etc.



Comments

Popular Posts